Hi all,

I am trying to use the methos getURL("name.xml",
callback) to retrieve the xml fiel from the server,
but i have the problem that the xml file too big is,
thats why i cannot get it, i have read that i could
compress the xml file with winzip and then in the
response.content i have the descompressed xml file,
but it doesnt work fine...does anyone already do that?

Thanks a lot

Maria

 --- "A.M.Shourbagui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escribió:

> Hi guys and thnx a million it worx fine now ...
> here is the code and you can use it I tailed it to
> my
> case...
>

> <![CDATA[
> var svgdoc,context,xmldoc,ver;
> svgdoc=document.documentElement;
> ver=getSVGViewerVersion();

svgdoc.getElementById("version").firstChild.nodeValue+=getSVGViewerVersion();

> function LadeXML(evt)
> {
>   if(ver.indexOf("Adobe")!=-1)
>   {
>     context=evt.target.ownerDocument;
>     getURL("objekte.xml",callback);
>   }
> }
> function callback(urlRequestStatus)
> {
>
>   if(urlRequestStatus.success)
>   {
>     if(ver.indexOf("Adobe")!=-1)
>     {

if(ver.indexOf("6.0")!=-1)xmldoc=parseXML(urlRequestStatus.content);
>       else
> xmldoc=parseXML(urlRequestStatus.content,context);
>
>     }

type=xmldoc.childNodes.item(0).childNodes.item(1).firstChild.nodeValue;

svgdoc.getElementById("type").firstChild.nodeValue=type;

http://www.datenverdrahten.de/svglbc/?doc=periodensystem

> > > Rolf
> > >
> > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com,
> > or