Peter Thompson wrote:
> The following code does not validate.  XMLSpy indicates "the element
> has no declaration for an attribute named 'onkeydown'".  What do I
> need to do to get the 'onkeydown' to validate?
>
> -----------------
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
>    "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd";>
> <svg width="100%" height="100%">
> <rect width="100%" height="100%" fill="blue"  onkeydown="press(evt)"/>
> </svg>

onkeydown isn't in the spec, it is an Adobe extension, see
http://wiki.svg.org/index.php/MouseIndependentKeyboardEvents for details.

I believe it is valid only as attribute of the svg element, it doesn't
make sense on an another element, since there is no notion of focus in
SVG 1.0 (hit me on the head if that's false :-) ).

Well, this focus thingy can be simulated in JS, ie. if the user clicks
on a rectangle simulating a text input field, the code can draw a caret
in this rectangle and all user input (at global SVG level, then) will go
there. And hitting Tab key can be managed to go to next field. But it is
not defined in SVG 1.1.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France