Thomas,

you are of course right and I should have looked up the dtd, too.
For some reason I had in mind that there was a default value - maybe
because ASV loads scripts without the type set? Actually it's good
that Batik is not so forgiving  - better: not forgiving at all - and
does not accept sloppy coding. Well, I am positive that the script
type issue with Mozilla will be solved - otherwise we will have a
big mess I guess. :(

Regards-
-Heiko

>     Well, this is interesting, according to the SVG specification:
>
> ----
>
> <!ATTLIST %SVG.script.qname;
>      %SVG.Core.attrib;
>      %SVG.XLink.attrib;
>      %SVG.External.attrib;
>      type %ContentType.datatype; #REQUIRED
>  >

> Attribute definitions:
>
> type = "content-type"
>      Identifies the scripting language for the given 'script'
element.
> The value content-type specifies a media type, per [RFC2045].
> Animatable: no.
>
> ----
>
>     The 'type' attribute is required on script elements and there
is
> no default value (you might be confusing it
with 'contentScriptType').