Hi,

SVG's text features are very powerful. You can use any text formatting that you
know from
DTP (except flow text, but thats not a problem for map labels; flow text is
however part of
the coming SVG 1.2).

The trickier problem is how to avoid overlapping text labels.

Whether you do it in SVG or XSL? Well, the final output is in SVG of course, so
you have to
do it in SVG, thats clear. Whether you use XSLT to generate the text labels (I
doubt that
XSLT is powerful enough to provide an algorithm for avoiding text label
overlapping) or
ECMAscript or any other serverside scripting, does not really matter.

Andreas

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, maria ulfa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i have a trouble in adding text in my svg map. my map is converted from GML
> file, using
XSL. can we add text on a feature of map. we do it in svg or xsl?