andrewgirow wrote:
> 2005-01-29 TinyLine SVG Player for Web released:

This is very interesting, and I should have a second look at your
products, since I will be shortly learning Java...

I have downloaded your files and I understand that you release your
sources with the binaries, which is excellent!
Thank you very much for that.

I have two small remarks about your site:

- Your empty.gif file is an image with the word "space" drawn inside...
Maybe it is a test file, you should replace it by a real empty image,
since it gives a strange look to your menues... :-D

- From a quick glance at the main pages of your site, I cannot guess the
kind of licence, ie. I don't know if it is free or commercial, nor if it
is open source or close source.

I finally found the copyright notice (TINYLINE_LICENSE.TXT file), which
make clear that it is "free of charge for personal and commercial use.",
but I think you should state it more clearly in the Home or About page,
unless you have good reasons to do otherwise.

Likewise, you release the source code, but I don't understand under
which licence: GPL like (very restrictive), BSD-like (very lenient),
something else (no reuse of code at all)?

You allow "Redistribution in binary form", but what about source?

The sentence forbidding to "decompile, or reverse engineer TinyLine" is
quite puzzling: no need to decompile since you provide the sources...
Perhaps it have been made prior the release of sources and it needs an
update.

Sorry if my questions come from my lack of knowledge of English or legal
issues, happy if they highlight a little problem to manage. :-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France