* xi2asing wrote:
>I am trying to write an SVG interface whose layout is like follows.
>
><svg master element>
>..
>  <svg id="Child1" ...>
>     <g id="Buckets">
>     </g>
>  </svg>
>
>  <svg id="Child2" ...>
>     <g id="Buckets">
>     </g>
>  </svg>
></svg>

You really should not do that, such a document is non-conforming and
conforming viewers would not render anything that follows the second
g element (and all animations would pause, etc)

This is not clear, see <http://www.w3.org/mid/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

>Other than making sure, I have unique id for the deepest nested
>object, is there a way to access only the  contained particular child
>elements from a target object.

You can walk the tree using your favourite DOM features until you find
the element you desire, e.g. by checking all child nodes for the id
you are looking for.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de