From: Aashish Singhvi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2005 00:58
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Some Problem making the application with
SVG

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "comwang77" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> My problem is when user move to another position, I want to show
the some part of map in the center of the user. In other words,
>         the size of map is 1600*1200
>         user position is "400,400"
>in this case, I wanna show the region of map as" 200,200" - "600,600"
If user moves to another point, map should be generated automatically
I can show the point of user to svg, but I dont know how to repaint
the svg map.

Have you tried playing with evt.clientX, Y and the viewBox attribute
on your SVG map. You can add an event handler on your top svg element
(onmouseover="chg_view(evt)") and then in the javascript function,
you can update the viewBox attribute of that svgelement.
Something like:

<svg id="MAINSVG" .......  onmouseover="chg_view(evt)">

<SCRIPT>
mainsvgele = document.getElementById("MAINSVG");
viewX = 1200;
viewY = 1200;
mainsvgele.setAttribute('viewBox', '0 0 ' + viewX + ' ' + viewY);
consx = viewX/2;
consy = viewY/2;

function chg_view(e)
{
   clx = evt.clientX();
   cly  = evt.clientY();
   newvb = (clx - consx) + ' ' + (cly - consy) + ' ' + consx + ' ' +
consy;
   svgele.setAttribute('viewBox', newvb);
   return;
}

..
</SCRIPT>
</svg>

HTH,
Aashish

-----
To unsubscribe send a message to:

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*       To visit your group on the web, go to:

*       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of