Doug

Thanks for your long and thoughtful responses.

I agree about adding triangles  and would really like to see then
added to the spec.
Ditto for regularPoly ( I am not sure if this should be in place of
the triangles or not - the detail you suggest for triangles makes me
think they should stand alone.)

And yes,  these things couldn't be added until SVG 1.3 or after so my
request is either too late or too early.

But what i am really interested in is keeping the proportions when
relative sizes are used -
I posted a suggestion earlier that something like x="10%" y="x(0.5)",
so that y would always be half of x regardless for the proportions of
the field they are in.

The square is just a simple version of that which looks like it would
be easy to do since it would be like the circle .

How I face this day to day is that i work on a Mac with a cinema
display (9x16) and on a PC with display in conventional proportions
(4x5) and when use the full screen  the relatively size images aren't
consistent in shape.

If there is another way to make them consistent, I would love to know about it.

Jerry