At 11:18 AM 2/10/5, Rick Bullotta wrote, in part:
> Let's face it - all most of us really need is some relatively
> simple vector graphics rendered in our browsers.  All of the
> exotic filters and transforms and some of the more esoterica
> in SVG are in the "nice to have" category. I'd be deliriously
> happy to have SVG Basic or even SVG Tiny supported natively
> by all major browsers.

I know that we can achieve rendering of basic SVG instructions in nearly
any browser today, without having to install anything new, as web search
term "actionscript svg" demonstrates.

I don't know how closely the set of SVG rendering instructions supported by
the above routines matches the SVG-Tiny set... might be some differences,
but I believe the ActionScript routines are oriented around the filter-less
SVG subsets.

So... how closely do these match what you need to do? Any glaring omissions
or awkwardness? Any potential action items I could raise to my partners on
the Player team here...?

tx,
jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd