Aashish Singhvi wrote:
> In my current limited experience, there is another limitation that I
> see with SVG currently. As one of your replies pointed out,
> maintenance of complex Enterprise level web apps would be a challenge
> with SVG. I have not come across a way where libraries of common
> implementations/objects could be imported into SVG that could be
> easily instantiated.
> <defs> does that job to a certain extent, but it is not scalable.
> (scalable as in not the literal vector sense ;-) )

You can use a combination of script (which can be reused) and of
elements in your own namespace. It works really well and you can very
easily reuse the same original librairies in multiple different
projects, notably things you mention like scrollbars. The only hard part
is you need to know a little bit more about XML than the basics (but not
much), then it works like a charm. In effect it's libraries.

It is also the best way to plan your code so that you can use sXBL when
it comes out.

--
Robin Berjon
   Research Scientist