Thanks all who responsed to "How to set a link to svg element by
JavaScript" . Doug's code works.

This time I have a new question. To open the link in a new window, I
added the following line in Doug's code(see below for details):

newA.setAttributeNS(xlinkns, 'target','_blank');

But the link page still came on the same window. Please advise.

Regards,

Spring

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Schepers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>