From: Rerun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:21 PM
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] PHP, SVG, & PDF

I've started, with some success, writing a php script that uses PDFLIB
to write out SVG in a PDF.  It seemed like a good idea, but then I got
to thinking about polygons that have holes in them.  It started to seem
more complicated than it was worth.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Does anyone know
how PDF's handle such types of polygons?  Also, the act of writing out
the path statement with PDFLIB seems a bit tedious, although I have a
solution, it seems processor intensive for large outputs.  It looks like
this:

PDF_moveto($p,$x,$y);
PDF_lineto($p,$x,$y);
PDF_lineto($p,$x,$y);
PDF_lineto($p,$x,$y);
PDF_closepath($p);
PDF_fill_stroke($p);

One coordinate at time.  Am I missing something?  Is there an easier way
to do this?  If not, has anyone used PDFLIB to embed the SVG into the
PDF?  It looks like PDFLIB only embeds objects such as images.  Are
there any other PHP solutions?  After much searching, I have come up
with nothing.  I've seen Kevin Lindsey's pearl script, I don't know
pearl, so I haven't been able to decipher that.  Don't know if it would
matter.  Any ideas with regards to a PHP solution would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sean