HI,
  Thanks & sorry for the dirty message.
  I need to draw a measure line to find the length of the element. The work
flow is listed below.
   1) get starting point from user right click
   2) when user move the mouse the line should be drawn from the first
co-ordinate to current co-ordinate.
  3) when user click the mouse button the measure line is finished to draw.
  4) the length of the path is placed in parallel to the line.
                                           5cm
      for example (  -------------------------------------------------)
     This method is also applicable for horizontal, vertical and slanted lines.

  The above mentioned steps are finished by me and function properly. But I
have faced some problems which are listed below
               1) the text (5cm)  length is depends on path length. If the
measured line is too small it display 1 char only.

So I need to place the text independent from measured line. So I drawn one
hidden line behind the measured line and make the hidden line length size is
bigger than measured line. ( I fixed this value is constant).

for example if the measured line length is 50 pixels and the hidden line length
is 80 px. I placed the measure text depends on size of  the hidden line. so
text is displayed properly.

but my problem is how  increment the co-ordinates of end position in
slanted-lines.  I have the co-ordinates of end position of the measured  line.
using this cooridnate I draw a  hidden line like below. (but It not work in
slanted line)

                 measured line  hidden line
               |---------------------|-------------
                               co-oridnates

I need to draw the line like above also in slanted lines

Thanks
Raghu

Barend Köbben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
can you please explain more clearly:

> The length of the line is always greater than 50 to the path length

50 what? Do you mean 50% longer than the path that's not hidden? or 50 pixels..?
> but strucked in slant lines
I guess you mean you're stuck when trying it for slanted lines..? You should
explain what it is that does not work or what goes wrong.
> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.
Thank you, I am already catered for ;-)
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and  Earth Observation
(ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31-(0)534874253; fax: +31-(0)534874335

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT