Doug Schepers wrote:
> But you didn't address my other
> question, about the idea of including SVG support by default. Could you
> speak about the feasibility of this? What would it take for Macromedia
> support SVG-Tiny by default?

I drafted a reply, but then noticed there was just a stream of different
questions, some of which were answered already. The risk of a rephrase
is that certain of the more, ah, volatile posters to this list would
then have an opportunity for a new Tourette's episode.

I'm assuming your top question is the main one. If so, then I don't know
"the feasability", I don't sit in the marketing meetings, and I don't
see exact costs (from various parties' perspectives) listed on the
website. Right now I do know that there's a lot of Flash Lite shipping,
and that manufacturers have the option to include conformant SVG-T
rendering (at cost of some memory), but these manufacturers and carriers
don't seem to advertise such SVG on their own sites. I don't know the
"why" of each such decision.

I'm still not sure what Yoshi was really trying to do, either.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Macromedia Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd