Ok, from JS in Html:
alert("window.navigator.appName: "+window.navigator.appName);
alert("window.document.plugins
('FP').window.navigator.appName: "+window.document.plugins
('FP').window.navigator.appName);
var svgobj = window.document.embeds('FP').window.getDocument();

no problem
Paul

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "riverside6" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> That definitely helps me to an extent.  I understand now that if I
> have javascript in an SVG file itself, to reference the SVG object
> can do the following...
>
> var svgobj = document
>
> The problem is, I'm still struggling to find out how to access the
> svg object if I have the svg embedded and I want to manipulate the
> SVG via javascript in the HTML document.
>
> What's the comparable command if the embed is named FP?  I thought
it
> was the following, but when I use this, I get "unspecified
error"...

> var svgobj = document.embeds("FP").getSVGDocument()
>
> Thanks again for your help, but can you clear this up for me?!?
>
> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "welkerpaul"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > This tread confused me;-)
> >
> > I guess part of the muddle is that window isn't window and
document
> > is not document when it comes to html<->svg (script)
interaction.
> > Moreover, if you open a plain svg, the asv  browser integration
> will
> > generate a html document on the fly; yet you do have a html
hosting
> > the svg (embed obj).
> >
> > window is not window: remember these windows are different
objects :
> > [in HTML]: browser window object (i.e. recognizes window.open,
> > window.opener, window.top, etc.)
> > [in SVG]: asv plug-in window object  (i.e. recognizes
> > window.getSVGViewerVersion,  window.contextMenu, etc.)
> >
> > again,
> > [in HTML]: window.document is the  browser html document object
> > (i.e. recognizes document.body, document.all, etc.)
> > [in SVG]: window.document is the SVGDocument object (i.e.
> recognizes
> > document.childNodes, document.rootElement, etc.)
> >
> > roundtripping samples for illustration:
> >
> > [in HTML]: window.document['plugins']['0']['window']['document']
> > ['rootElement']    (->svg object type of SVGSVGElement,
> > window<>window, document<>document )
> > [in SVG]: window.parent['document']['parentWindow']['document']
=
> (-
> > > html object type of document, doc is doc)
> >
> > Give it a break, - ,
> > in asv  'window' is implemented as '_window_impl', and 'parent'
is
> > implemented as'__parent__' . (In asv6 'window.parent' is broken,
> > nevertheless 'window.__parent__' still works.)
> >
> > hth and didn't unduly confuse you;-)
> > Paul
> > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "riverside6"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Fred, you'll notice a post by myself earlier today referencing
> the
> > > same error.  I'm also using IE, and on the getSVGDocument call
> > > get "Unspecified Error".  Unlike you though, I'm using a
simple
> > asp
> > > page with the SVG embedded.  I'd also appreciate any
suggestions.

> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fred yahou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> its "parent"