Hi Olaf,

Olaf Schnabel wrote:

> I use a linear gradient in my SVG file:
>
>               <linearGradient id="colorgrad">

> But if I put the attribute "fill" in a CSS file
>
>       grad {fill:url(#colorgrad);}
>
> and apply it as a CSS class to the rectangle, Batik (1.5.1 / 1.6)
> returns error messages.

   This is because the base URL of the CSS file is the CSS file.
So you are attempting to reference an element with id colorgrad
in the CSS file, which of course doesn't exist.  You need to
reference the SVG file with your gradient in it.  You might
consider pulling the SVG fills you use in your style sheet
into a separate SVG file that you can co-locate with the
style sheet.

>       <rect width="10" height="10" class="grad"/>
>
> Is this the correct behavior or is it an error in the Batik implementation?

    This is the correct behavior.