-----Original Message-----
From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jonathan Watt
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 3:56 PM
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [svg-developers] Re: Help regarding evt event

On 4/15/05, welkerpaul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Watt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I think in ASV3 evt was a global object, but that in ASV6 this has
> > been fixed. I'm not sure if that's correct or not since I haven't
> got
> > round to testing it properly yet. Anyone else know for sure?
> >
> > In any case, make sure that you are passing evt _explicitly_ in
> your
> > event attribute like this:
> >
> > <svg onload="init(evt)">
> >
> > and that you have an explicit parameter in your function 'init' to
> > enable you to reference the event object:
> >
> > function init(evt) {
> >   alert(evt);
> > }
> >
> > Don't have onload="init()" and function init() { ... } since this
> > won't work in other browsers, and doesn't seem to work in ASV6.
> >

> Jonathan,
> IMOSHO your know-it-all attitude isn't accurate this time;-)
> AFAIUI <svg onload="init(evt)"> cannot work if evt isn't a global
> attribute.
> AAMOF, if there's no event, there's no evt object (window.evt attrib
> =null).

Well I haven't a clue what those acronyms mean, so clearly I don't
know it all. ;-) Seriously though, if I come across as being a bit
arrogant, I appologise. I don't know half the stuff that some of the
people on this list know so I certainly don't want to seem to be a
"know it all". I'm aware my contributions can be a bit curt, but
that's more to do with time constraints than attitude. I simply want
to help ensure the SVG out there is portable by correcting some of the
errors I see posted to the list that will cause things to break in
implementations other than ASV. I hope others on the list would point
out any mistakes I make (both those that would cause portability
problems, and any others).

Anyway, back to the question in hand. I seem to recall the DOM 2
Events spec says something about event objects being passed as an
argument to the first parameter of the event handler. The implication
of this is that you need to make sure the handler has at least one
parameter, and that it's that parameter that you use to refer to the
event object.

-----
To unsubscribe send a message to:

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links
*         To visit your group on the web, go to:

*         To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*         Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Service.