Hi there Antoine; thanks for the reply.

Yes, my <svg> element has width="100%" and height="100%". All other
elements (line, rect, text) in my graphic are positioned with
percentages, and always scale to fit the size and shape of the browser
window. Path doesn't like the % character in its D string, and so I
can't make the path similarly scaled.

This is an example of the graph using <symbol> and <use>, to scale it
from it's abitrary 100px x 100px 'pixel positioned' state, to the
desired 100% x 100% state.
http://www.godice.com/hosted/scale.svg

And here is an example, for the sake of comparison, without the symbol
or use elements.
http://www.godice.com/hosted/noscale.svg

Thanks again.

[ It's been getting colder all morning here. :) ]