jacky11287 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I saw many example of XMLHttpRequest, but all of them use the
> XMLHttpRequest method in html....
>
> I would like to use XMLHttpRequest in SVG file, I mean by opening a
>
> <script type="text/javascript"> <[!CDATA[
> var p = new XMLHttpRequest();
>
> ]]>
>
> </script>
>
> But I got error is XMLHttpRequest() is undefine()...
>
> I am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0~~~

make sure to get an SVG enable mozilla. you can find the latest builds here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

instructions on how to enable svg in these builds can be found here:
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/tor/archives/2005/02/important_svg_b.html

XMLHttpRequest works in firefox native implementation, sadly it doesnt
work in ASV or Batik.
hth
Holger