Richard Gnyla wrote:

>Well flash has a detection why not SVG? (Holger?)

<ironie>
oh sorry ,i must have forgtten when i wrote the spec
</ironie>
no for real i think you are mixing up things here, SVG is a file format
like SWF. SWF has no detection either, there are scripts to detect the
flash viewer.
and indeed there is a standard way of detecting SVG namely the object
tag with its fallback mechanism.(its not my fault object is broken in IE)

>Supppose if he worked for Macromedia he would have said the same!

who?

>If some people weren’t up their own ar(s)e so much and actually helped
>rather than criticise

personaly i find contructive criticism very helpful, that might not be
true for everyone though.

>and come up with their own stupid theories on how
>things should be done than SVG would be bigger

thanks that was helpful !, no really!!, now i know the title for my
blog,"stupid theories"... sounds cool! :-)

>Flash has a detection utility, hello, couple of million people can't be
>wrong,

ooohhh!!what do you know? they can, just look in a history book.

>Yes we do need a detection utility. Flash has it so why not SVG?

see above

>All the best Hannes, and if you do an SVG detect please post WE ALL NEED
>ONE.

ok maybe im a bit idealistic here, and a script like the one hannes
writes is more pracmatic for the moment.

Holger