On Wednesday 11 May 2005 01:02, Oliver Burkill wrote:
> Mozilla Firefox
> Only works with the beta version 6 Adobe plugin. Version 3 plugins
> cause it to crash.

This is not true. I use ASV 3.01 (build 88) on Mozilla on SuSE Linux daily as
my main ASV platform.

...But watch out, you need to develop for what your clients expect... There
are dozens of SVG clients (For example, I am currently working on a
librsvg-based static-svg 1.1-1.2 viewer using Perl via Gtk+ and Gnome APIs
for the Gnome windows manager).

If you are building scrited applications, then you are probably working
towards ASV3.0x or ASV6. But maybe also towards mozilla 1.1's native svg
implementation.

In short, I'd say that we are in interesting times and there is currently no
single platform that anyone can tell you to develop towards. More likely,
there is a platform that you wish to instruct your users to use.

Ronan
--
Boy, n.:
        A noise with dirt on it.