--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "welkerpaul"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So please, someone tell me that svg was evolved to add better
graphics to a web page rather than replacing the web page with a
bulky proprietary application.

Hi Paul,
SVG is suffering from two tenants:

1. Just Another Flash Player?

2. Not understanding that SVG is a data driven graphic platform.

SVG may not have the wonderful animation capabilities that we have
all come to love dearly in our Flash popups, but it can do some neat
stuff if it is driven by data. A simple circle scooting across a web
page that is indicating, in real time, the direction of a comet
moving toward another bigger cirle, the earth?, may be interesting,
don't you think, to the viewer?

It's not the grahic WOW that svg is about; its about the graphic
display of data changing in space and time.

Regards,
Francis