Hi,

Its OK that you stepped in. Cause now I understand that what I said
was not clear ;).

What I think is wrong with coming SVG1.2?
It reminds me something built by the slogan: Lets take everything
good around put it together and see what happend next".

1) Video and audion - its SMIL field with several years of pretty
good performance and implemetations.

2) text flow, styles - its XHTML field. No need to say that there is
no lack of browsers.

3) Forms and UI - its XForms field.

Now the question is, why an SVG 1.2 should repeat all these efforts
instead of to use them?

Take a look at http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/

Why W3C needs these new group? If everything is fine with SVG why to
bother about...

Take a look at this description there:

"A Compound Document is the W3C term for a document that combines
multiple formats, such as XHTML, SVG, SMIL and XForms. The W3C
Compound Document Formats (CDF) Working Group will specify the
behaviour of some format combinations, addressing the needs for an
extensible and interoperable Web."

Do you see now what I was talking about?

Best,
Andrew Girow
http://www.tinyline.com

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "G. Wade Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I probably shouldn't jump in on such a charged topic, but I will
anyway.

> On Tue, 24 May 2005 07:42:14 -0000
> "andrewgirow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Robin
> >
> > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Robin Berjon
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, integrate. You just seem to have your own meaning of
integrate
> > that
> > > doesn't cover other valid uses.

> > SVG
> > Timing
> > >
> > > SMIL defines the way(s) in which host languages may use its
> > features.
> > > SVG complies to that. Not everything has been integrated yet,
but
> > it's
> > > being done. I'm not sure you could've picked an example of a
spec
> > more
> > > designed for reuse and integration that SMIL was -- you're
proving
> > my
> > > very point here :)
> >
> > Look, I am not a researcher, but programmer. In my world
> > (programming) when you say *integrate* means that you use some
API
> > and *link* your code (SVG) to another code (SMIL). When you do *
> > *copy – paste* of some of the code, that happened in SVG 1.2 I
> > named
> > it as *copy - paste*. Again, you might be right, its
understanding of