yeah, sounds great, i cant wait for animations...

and for everyone who didnt notice, there are a bunch of new items marked
as "in progress" at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/status.html

and this looks promising , too
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/roc/

an HTML page embedded in SVG via foreignObject, and then transformed... wow!

Peter Schonefeld schrieb:

> thanks Ronan for the update!!
>
> Andreas wrote:
> >>Another question: should gzip support work with Firefox native SVG? So
> far I was not successfull. I tried with the Windows GDI+ version on
> Firefox, not the most current version, but fairly new.<<
>
> AFAIK the gzip content will need to be served with a file extension .svgz
> and a HTTP header:

you won't need the svgz extension, in fact you can serve it with any
extension you want, as long as its send as "image/svg+xml",
though there is a problem with IE which doesnt take mimetypes into
acount, but you can allways use .svg as extension, even for ziped files.

> Which will be a difficult requirement to meet if serving from IIS.
> Also, if
> i understand the spec correctly, the .gzip exention should be optional.

because of the last fact, in iis you can turn on content encoding for
all content of a site, upload normal unziped svg,
and IIS will send your svg files ziped, with content encoding set, and a
normal .svg extension.
more info on this can be found here:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-httpiis/

cheers