Hey Mark,
If you can get your viewer seamless with IE and have nice CSS
capablities then I may know of a site that could use it:)
Anyway, I'll download it and fiddle with it for a while. Expect a
few questions from yours truly about it's abilities to create a
dynamic context menu.
Thanks,
Francis

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Birbeck"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Francis,
>
> > Sorry, sometimes we get involved in minor skirmishes in the
> > trenches and loose site of the guy who started the thread.
> > Me too!, I'd like to see this done in IE.
>
> Yes, using our Sidewinder Viewer. It currently runs standalone,
using the
> file extension .webapp, but will shortly run in-frame,
using .xhtml, as I'll
> explain.
>

> STANDALONE
> This will always be an option, because it allows you to create
applications
> with XHTML+SVG+XForms+MathML that really look like independent
applications.
> You can dock them to a side of the screen, make them auto-hide, use
> transparency, and so on, and with no back button to get in the
way, your
> users can keep the application open all day.
>

> IN THE BROWSER
> We also have a version that runs inside IE (and shortly Mozilla,
as it
> happens). This functions in the same way that applications like
Adobe
> Acrobat, Word and so on do, where they can run either in-frame or
> standalone. We manage all of the communication with the containing
browser
> via events that you can initiate--so you can navigate, resize the
viewer,
> close the browser, and so on, just by dispatching events (we use
proper DOM
> 2 Events), and we will convert those events to the correct event
for the
> particular host browser.
>
> We haven't released this yet, since we want to be 100% certain
that we have
> got all the navigation aspects right. But we are using it
ourselves, so it
> shouldn't be long now.
>

> MIME TYPES
> The choice of file extension (.webapp) is purely so that we don't
mess up
> any browsers that use ".xhtml" and "application/xhtml+xml"; if you
know what
> you are doing you can easily configure the viewer to use .xhtml.
Once we're
> sure that we co-exist 'nicely' with other browsers then we'll
switch the
> MIME types over.
>

> CONCLUSION
> I'm sure this point is not lost, but with our Viewer you are able
to use
> XForms, MathML, SVG, DOM 2 Events, DOM 3 XPath, DOM 3
Implementation
> Registry and XBL with IE. It's a little ironic, I agree, that IE
is leading
> the standards-race! Seriously though, I've been talking to the
Mozilla team,
> and it may even be possible for us to implement the same plug-in
> architecture as them.
>
> (And before you say, what about CSS, we do have a CSS converter
coming soon,
> too.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark