"antonganesh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> My solution is to send the svg file on a cd to customers who have a
> slow connection. But the problem with this approch is that the getURL
> will not work because it wasn't downloaded from a server. I always
> get an error saying "security violation" when I click on the
> graph.svgz that resides on my local directory.

You have a number of approaches, all of which limit your audience of who can
view the SVG file, and complicate things

Assuming your clients are windows IE users, you could use an HTA or Zeepe or
other method to open a trusted Internet Explorer which can then have calls
from the ASV that get around the same origin policy you're getting above.

Again with windows IE, you could have an application on the CD pre-populate
IE's cache with the svg, however this may run into a problem with ASV as
it's not always that good at honouring cache's, it would need some testing.

You might be able to have a proxy.pac file which re-routes all requests to a
certain pattern to the CD version and all others to the web version, the CD
version will need a web-server on it, again I've not tested this scenario,
but's it's all a in theory it could work soln. and it may cover more
browsers than just ASV.

I'm sure there's others, but for now, those any good for you?  I'll expand
later if you've got more info on what could work for you?

Jim.