Hi Florian,

> does someone know if there is a possibility to overlap normal
> HTML areas with transparence svg-object.

We've been doing exactly this in our Sidewinder Viewer, and it's
particularly useful for doing things like overlaying SVG onto Google Maps,
and such like.

However, I thought I'd try the same technique in other browsers...and whilst
I was at it, I added some MathML too! It's quite exciting to discover that
FireFox (in the form of the DeerPark Alpha) and the Sidewinder Viewer give
almost identical results for XHTML+SVG+MathML, whilst Opera 8 is not far
behind (it doesn't support MathML, and it renders the background of the SVG
as white instead of transparent).

A screenshot of all three browsers running the attached document is on my
blog:

<http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2005/06/xhtmlmathmlsvg-document-in-sidewi
nder.html>

Regards,