  _____

De : svg-developers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
De la part de Andre M. Winter - Carto.net
Envoyé : mercredi 22 juin 2005 16:01
À : svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Objet : Re: [svg-developers] Re: Value of a pixel

do you really need ALL color values?!

andré

andre m. winter,
  cartography for internet and multimedia applications
  schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
  tel.: ++43.5234.32732
  email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://www.vectoreal.com/>          SVG consulting and development
<http://www.carto.net/>          online cartography focusing on SVG
<http://www.carto.at/>     print and online touristic map solutions

>Hi André,
>
>Effectively, 600² is not too much for JS. But to get this array from JS, I
>have to use a XMLHTTP request to the server. The server response will be a
>text stream send to JS. The size of the text stream will be :
>- for 8bits images : 600 x 600 x (3 chars, to represent the lookup table
>index as text) = 1080000 bytes. So 1 MB to transfert....
>- for 24bits images : 600 x 600 x 3 (for RGB values) x (3 chars for each
>color value) = 3240000 bytes. So 3 MB to transfert...
>
>Perhaps can I use another kind of stream ??
>
>Nicolas
>
>  _____

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*       To visit your group on the web, go to:

*       To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .