The second alert never appears after the error.  It occurs when the it
sets the Src.  It dose reset the Src, but then bails on finishing the
function after throwing the error.

function back(){
        var svgMap = parent.document.getElementById("SvgMap");
        // look at what you retrieved
        alert(svgMap);
        if( svgMap != null ){
            svgMap.setSrc("index2.svg");