I have been using Illustrator for 8+ years and I am a professional
illustrator...using the program is not the issue..making an icon is not
an issues...

The issue is that when you design an icon at 40x40 and it then scales
to 16x16, I wanted to know if anyone had any tips for making an icon
that can work at a large size and a small size, at smaller sizes
everything becomes soft and mushy. This is being used in an interactive
work flow app and I have not worked in such wide sizes within one icon
before. I know i can fiddle around with trying different drawing
styles, and working with limited detail, but I was looking to see if
someone had already come up with some tips so I do not need to re-
invent the wheel.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "James C. Deering"