On 6/29/05, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Doug Schepers schrieb:
>
> > Rick Bullotta wrote:
> > |
> > | I'll check it out tonight (with a beer in my hand)!  Thanks
> > | for the heads up.  Is browser<->SVG scripting support enabled?
> >
> > I'm not sure if it is enabled in the same way that it is for ASV+IE...
>
> yes it is, on <embed> you got the getSVGDocument() method, and on
> <object> you can use contentDocument and contentWindow.
> as far as i can tell the only missing part is the getWindow() method on
> <embed>. so if you need to have functions defiend in your SVG and you
> want to access them from your html,
> youll have to use <object>.

Actually you can use <embed>. You can then use the W3C standard
property 'defaultView' on the SVGDocument object to access the SVG
document's 'window' object (and hence the scripts defined in it). So
you can do all types of cross-document scripting in Firefox, but just
in a different (i.e. W3C standard) way. I've put up heavily commented
demos showing how to script from HTML to an embedded SVG document and
it's scripts here:

http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/scripting-across-embed.html
http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/scripting-across-object.html