Hi Michael,
  Unfortunately the web-sites you gave, were not available.
  If I understand correctly, you want to apply SVG for mathematical
animations. I am using such things, but with pure SVG and Ecma
script. In order to see a smooth animation you need a refresh time of
about 40 msec. Other way to do it, is to do let the user interact and
obtain the frames one by one.
  They are examples of both at
http://mathanimated.com
If this is really what you want, then contact me off-list for more
information.
  Cheers, Samy

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "G. Wade Johnson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> There are several 'slideshow' type applications out there. I wrote
the
> one at http://www.anomaly.org/wade/projects/slideshow/.
>
> It will run by itself, step forward, and step backward. But, I don't
> think it currently handles everything you need. (You'll probably
also
> want to speed up the refresh rate.
>
> Enjoy,
> G. Wade
>
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:18:32 -0700
> Michael Marks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, all.  I've been studying SVG for all of two days now, looking
for
> > a convenient way to solve this problem I have.
> >
> > I'm running simulations that generate snapshots of the simulated
> > system's state.  I postprocess the snapshots with Mathematica to
> > produce a sequence of Mathematica plots. See this animated GIF

<http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QE_EQhwB89x31DkaABY603BqVKNY3w7JFF5BKmM

EEzifQ3eJJkP7mrDZ8RhZXJoN721HPzqgG_Aj5Xoq3xoUeWB1EqxAN5KD8BNL_Ag/svg%

<http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QE_EQqmUf1R31DkabCc_ChLaGESdx4gDpBltZSq
> > 8lJmm2_Mo-
yLJmn6rd96lHbJmqMDyYfkCuiPiGib9LYA63jAflf3lCpXUYGzFFaM/svg%
> > 20movie%20help/huh0018.svg>) but I don't know how to combine the
> > frames into a movie.
> >
> > As long as I'm wishing, here's my full wish list:
> >     1. An SVG script that "plays" my frames as I describe above.
> >     2. Ability to start, stop, back up and "jog" the playback.
(I.e.,