--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> spanakimaria schrieb:
>
> > How can I have an svg frame that can not be panned or zoomed,
and an
> > svg image inside the frame that allows zoom and pan?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Maria
> >
> Hi Maria
> i believe its not directly possible, what you can do is allow
zoom/pan
> on your outer svg frame, and then have a group holding the content
that
> should not scale/translate.
> you can then  iverses the transformation of the root element, and
apply
> it to that group.
> here is a simple example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
>  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";  onload="reposition()"
> onscroll="reposition()" onzoom="reposition()" onresize="reposition
()"
> viewBox="0 0 1024 768" >
>  <script>
>  function reposition(){
> var g=document.getElementById("fixedContent")
> var m=document.documentElement.getScreenCTM()
> m=m.inverse()
> g.setAttribute("transform","matrix
("+m.a+",0,0,"+m.d+","+m.e+","+m.f+")")
>  }
>  </script>
>  <g>
>   <rect x="0" y="0" width="1024" height="768"/>
>  </g>
> <g id="fixedContent">
>   <rect x="0" y="0" width="200" height="768" fill="green"/>
> </g>
> </svg>
>
> hth
> Holger

Hi Holger,

I tried it in internet explorer with svgviewer 3 and there is an
error message: Microsoft JScript runtime error- "Object doesn't
support this property or method Line: 4, column: 0"

I also tried it in Opera (no error messages), but all elements seem
to zoomed in/out together...nothing stays stable in shape.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks,