Hi Jonathan,

getBBox - a VERY useful DOM function. Holger is very right about this
one.  I wouldn't be able to do some of my widgets without it.  A
simple example of using it is a flowlayout widget.
http://spark.sourceforge.net/resources/samples/afettes/flowlayout/flowlayout.svg

getScreenCTM - I use this for most of my widgets that allow the user
to move.  This is necessary due to <g/>'s and moving the <g/>'s that
are nested within other <g/>'s.

The other two I haven't really touched, though to fix a couple of bugs
I should work with the getTransformToElement.

Cheers,
Alastair
http://spark.sourceforge.net