Hi Bart

> Incidentally, do either of you know what the difference
> is between node.style and node.getStyle()?

yes, node.style is a specified DOM interface , node.getStyle() is not
specified anywhere, and is only used, if you use the browsers scripting
engine, and you nedd to be compatible to Netscape <= 4.0.
so in my opinion, allways use node.style, even if you need to be
compatible to old netscape versions, then just use ASVs internal
scripting engine.

hth
Holger