"Mark Birbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Sidewinder wouldn't be conformant or non-conformant. We just pass a call to
>the methods on a DOMImplementation to the implementations that we've
>instantiated to create that implementation.

I would still call SideWinder non-conformant,if its underlying
implementation was non-conformant, just like I call IE non-HTTP conformant
when it's simply using an underlying HTTP implementation, and of course it
certainly wouldn't be your fault, you're absolutely right to be re-using
components.

> But as the world
>of compound documents gets closer, don't you think that there needs to be a
>generic solution that allows for testing not just for SVG, but for MathML,
>XForms and so on?

Absolutely, but DOMImplementation is not it, I'm not sure what it would look
like, indeed I've tried thinking of something before, as the criticisms of
DOM Implementation are not new, but I've never come up with anything, 'nor
heard of anything.

Cheers,

Jim.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hknqmbu/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123017729/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>