-----Original Message-----
From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Raoul van Putten
Sent: Dienstag, 2. August 2005 20:49
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Newbie SVG Developer

Chris Serio wrote:
> Alot of good suggestions here guys but the bottom line is this...
>
> I'm very fluent in C/C++ so I'm more comfortable doing something
> overkill but fast than learning something new. I can't take the risk
> in investing my limited amount of time to learning something new
> unless i was sure that it would be a time saver. I'd prefer to stick
> with something that i can judge the required amount of effort with.

Just go and grab the next SVG book, that's my suggestion. And forget
Javascript, you most probably don't even need it _for this task_.

SVG is as easy as

<some
... ununderstandable
... preamble>
<svg>
    <line x1="0" y1="0" x2="200" y2="200" />
    <rect ... />
</svg>

For SVG -> pdf, I use batik. It works great! If it is an option, you
might want to use that.

Mark: I can imagine it is much more elegant, faster and more reliable to

  use xslt, if I just knew how...

Raoul

-----
To unsubscribe send a message to:

Format
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Format&w1=Format&w2=Data&w3=Svg&w4=
Computer+internet&w5=W3c&c=5&s=63&.sig=pwk9bsTG47SryYQd8oYMkg>
Data
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Data&w1=Format&w2=Data&w3=Svg&w4=Co
mputer+internet&w5=W3c&c=5&s=63&.sig=Ybmv-NMr8B76MC8Re1fdyw>    Svg
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Svg&w1=Format&w2=Data&w3=Svg&w4=Com
puter+internet&w5=W3c&c=5&s=63&.sig=11VNwM2AJiL3y3m8bHlMbw>
Computer
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet&w1=Format&w2=Data
&w3=Svg&w4=Computer+internet&w5=W3c&c=5&s=63&.sig=0A5G5gyBvu8oMs16cYR8RA
> internet      W3c
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=W3c&w1=Format&w2=Data&w3=Svg&w4=Com
puter+internet&w5=W3c&c=5&s=63&.sig=mcHOxevUaXqKuaXf6fpI7g>

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*        Visit your group "svg-developers
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers> " on the web.

*        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hnvqsgr/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123073806/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>