sent1729 schrieb:

> Hi Holger,
>
>     Thank you very much for your suggestion. Can you please elaborate
> on the thrid option that you gave:getURL() to load  the layers, and
> append them to DOM.
>
> Do you mean to get the svg file and append it to the existing svg
> file and display the appended file?

yes thats exacly what i mean, a good example for that can be found  in
the last email to this list, titled "getURL/parseXML does not work".

> Thanks
> Nathan.
>

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > sent1729 schrieb:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am using Batik Squiggle as my SVG browser. I would like to know
> if it
> > > is possible to display multiple svg files one layered on top of
> each in
> > > the browser.Because right now if I am able to achieve this by
> > > incoorporating all my svg files in to a single svg file. But if I
> have
> > > different layers of information stored in many svg files, then
> how to
> > > display them one on top of each other by selecting one at time.
> > >

> > > Thanks for any input
> > >
> > > Nathan.
> > >
> > Hi Nathan
> >
> > you could use  and <image> tag like this:
> > <image xlink:href="layer1.svg" .../>
> > <image xlink:href="layer2.svg" .../>
> >
> > the disadvantage here, is that you cant access the DOM of your
> layers
> > anymore.
> > you could also use  the <use> Element to reference external SVG
> > fragments, but note that this currently only works in Batik.
> > <use xlink:href="layer.svg#layerId" />
> >
> > a third option which is the most flexible one is to use getURL() to
> load
> > the layers, and append them to your DOM.
> >
> > you might want to look at carto.net s  fantastic collection of map
> examples
> > http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/
> >
> > cheers
> > Holger
>

> -----
> To unsubscribe send a message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -or-
> membership"
> ----

>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h8abafv/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123322021/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>