Dear Holger,

Thank you very much for your reply!

ohh :( I am trying to convince them, they are afraid of whole
network being exposed to the outside world, I'm seeing what i can
do...hopefully i should be able to.

D Dave

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> deeti_dave schrieb:
>
> > Dear Holger,
> >
> > Thank you very much for your reply!
> >
> > yes, the link you've sent me works when I open it. The server I
am
> > running is NCServer, which is an ISV webserver specially made for
> > our purposes. The network I am working is a very secure network,
> > am negociating with them to let you connect to my test server. I
> > will update here as soon as I can.
> > I am not sure if you can connect here, but you can give it a try:
> > http://192.0.2.128:8080/KeyPuncher/testSVG.svg
> >
> > username/password is: sp/sppass
> >
> > let me know if it works.
>

> no, im getting a timeout :-(
>

> > Thank you very much again.
> >
> > D Dave
> >

> > *---------------*
> > testSVG.svg
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
> >
> > <svg onload="init(evt);" viewBox="0 0 1000 1000">
> >
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> > function init(evt) {
> >       svgdoc = evt.target.ownerDocument;
> >
> >       getURL("testXML.xml",callback_rect);
> >
> > } //end init()
> >
> > function callback_rect(obj) {
> >

> >       if(obj.success) {
> >             alert("success!");
> >             var xmldoc = parseXML(obj.content,svgdoc);
> >             var nodes = xmldoc.childNodes;
> >             alert("ln: "+nodes.length);
> >
> >       }else{
> >             alert("Failed!");
> >       }
> >
> > } // end callback
> > </script>
> >

> > </svg>
> >

> > *-----------------*
> > testXML.xml
> >
> > <DOCUMENT>
> >       <TRADER>
> >             <NAME>
> >                   <LAST_NAME>Lname</LAST_NAME>
> >                   <FIRST_NAME>FName</FIRST_NAME>
> >             </NAME>
> >       </TRADER>
> > </DOCUMENT>
> >
> > let me know if you can run it.
>

> yes, it works for me, running local and on an IIS webserver. see
the
> running version online:
> http://blog.treebuilder.de/svg/getUrl.svg
>

> so i guess that its a server issue. are you using https by any
chance ?
> there are known issues with https and getURL .
>
> cheers
> Holger
>

> > --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Holger Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Dave
> > >
> > > iv uploaded a simple example,
> > > http://blog.treebuilder.de/svg/getUrl.svg
> > >
> > > this works for me in IE+ASV6. does it work for you ?
> > > what server are you using ? can you put a simple example
online ?

> > > cheers
> > > Holger

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hv65ssl/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123618694/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>