Hi Nathan,

sent1729 wrote:

>     I want to find all the elements that intersect a circle of a
> specified radius (I am using Batik squiggle browser). I have tried
> mySVGSVGElement.getIntersectionList(rect,referenceelement), but it only
> gives me the nodelist for the elements the intersects a specified
> rectangle. Is it possible to do the same thing with a specified circle.

    No, at least not with the standard SVG API's.  You can only do
intersection testing with a rectangle with the standard SVG API's.

    If you want to go down to the Java2D layer you can do this
although I must caution that it can be expensive.  Essentially for
each element in the results of getIntersectionList you cat get
the associated graphics node from which you can get it's shape so
you can use the Java2D Area class to generate the intersection with
your 'reference' shape.  If the intersection is null then they do not
intersect.

    This of course simplifies things a bit you need to worry about
making sure all the coordinate systems match etc.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hf94mdh/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124726724/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>