Hi Gary,
  You have to keep in mind that the order of transformations is done
in SVG from the last to the first. So you have first to write
first: translation back from the origin to the original location
next: scale
last: translate the orginal location (that should not move) to the
origin.
By origin I mean x=0,y=0 .
  Good luck, Samy

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Gary Higbee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am still working on my zoom issue. My code now will zoom in or out,
unfortunately when I try to correct for the new scale with a translate
it  does not work the way I expect. I am trying to make it so whatever
point on the SVG is centered in your viewport will stay centered when
you zoom in or out. Right now it seems to jump just out of the view. Do
I need to take the translate values and adjust for the scale factor
some how?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM