I find this to be a useful feature.  I use script to create elements
under other namespaces and embed them inside my SVG (and other XML
dialects) all the time.

Also, this post isn't really an SVG post rather a DOM post.  Try
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,
Alastair

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Francis Hemsher"