hi julie,

>What do you mean by "switch of anti-aliasing" ?

check out
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/painting.html#ShapeRenderingProperty> ASV
supports that.

>Concerning your suggestion of create rectangles instead of circles, why not...
>I'll test it.
>I don't understand neither your last suggestion. What I do is to generate the
>file using Batik, so each circle is written inside a loop (creating the circle
>element and append it to the svgDocument)... Could you explain more your
>advide to "build your svg fragment with ALL cricles and append it once to the
>dom instead of
>appending each circle." ?

so you already pregenerate your files, don't you? the files you view and
that you find slow are static svg? then no improvement is possible here.

otherwise come back and poste your code here.

a+
andré

andre m. winter,
  cartography for internet and multimedia applications
  schiessstand 4/1, a6091 goetzens, tyrol, austria
  tel.: ++43.5234.32732
  email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://www.vectoreal.com/>          SVG consulting and development
<http://www.carto.net/>          online cartography focusing on SVG