Hi, David-

It's not:
 evt.clientX();
it's:
 evt.clientX;

"getBBox()" is also supported, although there does seem to be something
buggy about it. I haven't troubled to track it down, but I think it only
works on visible, rendered objects. This behavior may or may not be correct,
but certainly is inconvenient when you are trying to predetermine, say, the
size of a text block in order to wrap a rectangle around it... which means
it will end up getting rendered twice, possibly with a flicker... so,
another performance hit.

Regards-
Doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED]