Hi Nathan,

   You can take a look at
test-sources/org/apache/batik/swing/JSVGCanvasHandler.java
In particular the following code both binds a Java object into the
interpreter and calls code
from the script:

    public static final String REGARD_TEST_INSTANCE =
"regardTestInstance";
    public static final String REGARD_START_SCRIPT = "try { regardStart();
} catch (er) {}";

---
                UpdateManager um = updateManager;
                public void run() {
                    ScriptingEnvironment scriptEnv;
                    scriptEnv = um.getScriptingEnvironment();
                    Interpreter interp;
                    interp    = scriptEnv.getInterpreter();
                    interp.bindObject(REGARD_TEST_INSTANCE,
                                      host);
                    try {
                        interp.evaluate(REGARD_START_SCRIPT);
                    } catch (InterpreterException ie) {
                        // Could not wait if no start script.
                    }

svg-developers@yahoogroups.com wrote on 10/19/2005 12:46:07 PM:

> Thomas DeWeese,
>
>      I tried to look in to 'bindObject' method on the
> batik.script.Interpreter, but I could not understand how to bind any
> java object from this 'bindObject' method. Can you please provide any
> links that explains how to do it.
>
> Also this is what I did with RhinoInterpreter.java and
> RhinoClassShutter.java:
>
> In RhinoInterpreter.java for the enterContext class we commented out
> ctx.setClassShutter(new RhinoClassShutter());
> additionally, we added "org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser" to the
> TO_BE_IMPORTED array as this is where the GPS class resides that we
> are trying to access the variable. This was done with the assumption
> that it would make the classes within
> org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser visiable to javascript within the
> SVG document.
>
> In the RhinoClassShutter.java we commented out the if statements for
> visibleToScripts so it only returns true. I assume that this doesn't
> make a difference since we commented out
> ctx.setClassShutter(new RhinoClassShutter()); in RhinoInterpreter.java
>
> When trying to access org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser from
> javascript in SVG we get a message stating there is no public
> interface or method
> Example in javascript inside a SVG doc we have the following line:
> var f = Packages.org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.ReadGPS.gpgga;
> We get the following error:
> SVG Error:   Java class "org.pache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.ReadGPS"
> has no public interface or method named "gpgga". (Inline.....)
> The same error happens when trying to access the method that reurns
> the variable as a string getGPGGA()
>
> Any input is greatly apprectiated.
>
> Thanks
> Nathan.