Alwinovicz,

Generally speaking, there is no reason to use SVG where html works better, and
html works very well at forms and text rendering.

Where svg is  useful is in applications involving contextual information
delivered visually. This is of course why GIS has been quick to adapt   SVG
as a presentation layer.

To find applications using SVG, you have to look for applications that need to
provide image data.

One of these is bioperl, http://www.bioperl.org/ a genetics analytics
framework for academics developped in Perl. The graphical output of bioperl
is SVG.

Also, you will find a number of monitoring systems using SVG for the rendering
layer.

There are very few SVG apps on the general-use internet because of the lack of
a common viewing solution. Internet applications require a high penetration
of the technology on the browser before they use it, and the svg browser
support is simply not there at this point to justify web apps for the general
public written in SVG. You will, however,  find SVG applications in intranet
solutions which need to show meaningful data visually. To find these, you
generally need to find out what applications support the technology.

For example, Oracle 10g on upwards support SVG output of their data... But
this is essentially only used in intranets.

Of course, there is also the mobile sphere which is far more interested in SVG
solutions (but these are not svg applications per se but applications that
deliver  SVG content).

Ronan

On Monday 31 October 2005 03:23, alwinovicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I still need some more help for my diploma. Does anyone know where I
>  can find "serious" svg-applications besides cartographical ones? I
>  think of things like booking systems for airlines ore cinemas, of
>  which I know they exist but can't find them. I'm also happy about any
>  tips where svg is already used for uses with economical background,
>  for any kind of customer service, things like that.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>  Alwinovicz
>

>  -----
>  To unsubscribe send a message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -or-
>  visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my
> membership" ----
>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

>  Visit your group "svg-developers" on the web.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ronan Oger
Founding Partner, Vectoreal
http://www.vectoreal.com

Reply to: ronan dot oger at vectoreal dot com

Vectoreal
...for scaleable solutions

Vectoreal is a Web2.0 company.
We provide standards-compliant XML user-interface
and graphics solutions for the web using
SVG and other vector graphics standards.

Tel: (CH) +41 76 527 3552
Tel: (CA) +1 604 608 2968
Fax: (CH) +41 44 274 2402
Fax: (CA) +1 604 608 2968