--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Ley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "jeff_schiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >  As far as I understand things, getURL() is ONLY for
> > asynchronous calls only and cannot be used for both synchronous and
> > asynchronous requests like XMLHttpRequest can.
>
> You should _never_ do synchronous requests on the web, it's a complete
> recipe for disaster, it locks up the UI whilst waiting for the
return, it
> has never complete problems in a number of browsers including Internet
> Explorer - even without the obvious problem with HTTP being limited
to 2
> connections, and it's trivial to have multiple applications
accessing the
> same site at the same time.
>
> Jim.

Jim,

I'm aware of the limited use (or appeal) of synchronous requests.  I
was just trying to make the point that existing Ajax frameworks cannot
necessarily be fully adapted to the ASV JS engine, since the ASV JS
engine doesn't allow everything that XMLHttpRequest allows you to do.
  In other words, if someone is going to go out there and update
Sarissa or any Ajax framework to support the ASV JS engine, they
should be aware that only asynchronous calls will be possible.

Regards,
Jeff

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM