Maybe "modify" is the wrong word. Perhaps "augment" is more apropos of
what I'm thinking. I want to pick up a framework that I can easily add
in to projects that I'm working on, but I want something that will be
friendly with the common scripting patterns applied with SVG. I need
to do more research on the subject.

I put a podcast up on my blog that talks a little more about my
intentions if I can get the right framework to build on - it's at
http://rr.latenightpc.com/wp/archives/2005/11/03/put-some-svg-on-it/ .

And I should have stated earlier that my server side is PHP on Apache.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Ronan Oger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am also doing the same thing: modifying a current ajax framework
(Perl's
> very nice CGI::Ajax module) to work with native (or at least
stand-alone) SVG
> as well rather than to rely on embedded content.
>
> I do not recommend building anything new around adobe's getURL
functionality
> unless you also provide support for native javascript support.
Building your
> application around a plugin that is 3 years out of date is a serious
> strategic mistake considering that there are four alternate sources of
> browsers out there that provide the same functionality natively...
>
> I suggest that you use the native javascript http support instead.
>
> Ronan
>
> On Thursday 03 November 2005 01:53, Piero Cavalieri wrote:
> > I think u could use existing Ajax frameworks without modify it. For
> >  example I use Ajax .NET with svg, but I had to embed svg in aspx
page.
> >  If you don't want to embed it, I think u should extend the
library  to
> >  add getURL support  (but I didn't try it). For AJAX .NET there
seems to
> >  be only one file to modify: ajax.js. Let me know if u do the job.
> >
> >  Cheers
> >      Piero
> >
> >  Robert Russell ha scritto:
> >  > If I were looking for an existing framework for ajax that would be
> >  > easy to extend for SVG, where should I look? Anyone have
experiences
> >  > or examples they'd like to share?
> >  >
> >  >