On 11/4/05, Garry Haywood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but the real issue how do get object.responseXML into the DOM?

responseXML is a DOM tree. I'm not sure what you mean. I do see another
error though.

> On 11/4/05, Garry Haywood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> while(child!=null){
> if(child.nodeName=='beta'){
> var betaChild = child.firstChild;
>
> while(betaChild!=null){

Not all the child nodes will be element nodes (you'll at least have text
nodes mixed up with them). You should check to make sure that you only call
getAttribute on element nodes:

if (betaChild.nodeType == 1) // element node
alert(betachild.getAttribute('col001'));

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM