thanks to all who helped with this issue...

in the end we have installed php5

the FC Internet Server will let php5ISAPI run via a cgi-bin

so all is sweet, XMLHTTP requests in a secure environment!!

we only needed a little PHP script that takes some variables from the
request, translates them to http/sql stored procedure for IIS and
MSSQL

the resulting XML is the echo'd back. tasty

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Garry Haywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Robin Berjon
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 09, 2005, at 11:36, Garry Haywood wrote:
> > > the html pages that will contain the scripts that request the
XML

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM